BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
625 N Highway 190, Covington, LA 70433-8961
Phone: 985/892-2681 | Fax: 985/893-0115 | 73 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn!
Our Covington hotel guests enjoy being on the Northshore of New Orleans, where Pelican Park is just a few minutes away and access to Interstate 12 is a breeze.
Many of our guests are in town for an event at the sporting venue, while others are visiting one of the many local towns and neighborhoods like Ponchatoula, Bush, Lacombe, Folsom, Mandeville, Bogalusa, Madisonville, Abita Springs and Franklinton.
Covington, Louisiana is known for events like sports and the scrapbooking convention. The Dragonboat Festival is a favorite annual event, while the Covington Town Farmers Market is a must for fresh, local treats. Guests at our Covington hotel stay with us during the Strawberry Festival, Jazz Fest and 3 Rivers Art Fest. From Mardi Gras to the Wooden Boat Festival, there is always something happening. Dog shows and horse shows are held nearby, and of course weddings on the Northshore of New Orleans are truly amazing.
At our Covington hotel, we are known for excellent customer service, free Wi-Fi and a business center. Enjoy an outdoor pool and fitness center for relaxation or to keep up your workout regimen. Don't forget about our free hot breakfast with a waffle station, fruits, yogurt, cereal and 100% Arabica coffee. Some of our guest room are pet friendly please refer to the pet policy at the right on the page.
We welcome business travelers from around the globe, including employees of Chevron, Fairway Medical Center and PoolCorp. Some of our regular guests are in town for business with St. Tammany Hospital, Lakeview Regional Hospital, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center or for training with the US Coast Guard.
We are close to Covington Fairgrounds, the Global Wildlife Center or the New Orleans Superdome. With close proximity to Walmart®, Hornbeck Offshore, Maritime Museum, Fontainebleau State Park and Abita Brewery; there's something for everyone! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Complimentary full breakfast free full hot breakfast buffet includes fresh hot waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, Danish and rolls, cereals, bagels, grits, oatmeal and juice
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility 24-hour
- Stationary bike
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities, can accomodate up to 50 people
- Banquet facilities, can accomodate up to 50 people
- Business center 24-hours (includes fax and copy services)
- Late check out, please check with front desk
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Outdoor parking Plenty of free parking
- Truck/RV parking Plenty of free parking
- Universal gym
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Express check out
- Ice/vending machines
- Complimentary coffee in lobby 24 hours a day
- Wired & Wireless High-speed Internet access, complimentary
- Complimentary newspaper
- Guest Laundry Facilities
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western northpark inn in Covington.
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
Conveniently located, the best western northpark inn in Covington, Louisiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.439025 / Latitude: -90.083925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 12. Take Exit 63B and drive .25 miles north to Highway 190 and the location of the BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn.
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Fairview-Riverside State Park
Located in St. Tammany Parish, Fairview-Riverside State Park is set on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain across from the New Orleans metropolitan area.
Found on the Tchefuncte River, Fairview-Riverside covers 99 acres.
Fairview-Riverside State Park features water sports, fishing, hiking, and nature viewing.
Also found at the park is the Otis House Museum – found at the National Register of Historic Places – all near Covington.
Fontainebleau State Park
Covering 2,800 acres, Fontainebleau was established in 1942.
Fontainebleau State Park features hiking and nature trails, a fishing pier, and plenty of beachfront.
Other activities include exhibits at the Fontainebleau State Park Visitors' Center and picnic spots.
A staple of the French Quarter, the French Market is a lively gathering of goods and groceries nearly two centuries old.
Neighboring the Louisiana State Museum's Old U.S. Mint, the market is a stopping point along the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail.
Vistiors browse through hundreds of vendor booths selling everything from souvenirs of New Orleans to fresh produce and fashion.
Stop by the New Orleans Visitor Center, the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park, or stop in for coffee and Beignets at Café du Monde – all are minutes from the Market.
Harrah's New Orleans
Harrah's New Orleans also brings the streets of Crescent City inside, as you'll notice with the impressive Mardi Gras theme.
This casino houses over 2,000 slot machines and more than 90 game tables, as well as many eateries and gift shops.
Looking for a thrill during your trip to New Orleans? The Haunted History Tours of the French Quarter is your answer. Choose from ghost tours, vampire tours, and voodoo tours set in the after hours of the Vieux Carré. Tours in the Quarter meet at Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop.
Test your nerves by touring the dark streets of New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, and hear of the spirits of the Big Easy. Haunted History Tours stem outside of the Quarter as well, so check out Haunted Garden District Tours and Cemetery History Tours.
Stop in for lunch or dinner at Muriel's in Jackson Square – with the ideal contemporary creole menu for a taste of authentic New Orleans.
The square is truly a staple of New Orleans culture, featuring history, cuisine, music, and more around every corner.
Magazine Street becomes Decatur Street once it hits the Vieux Carré, and passes Audubon Park housing the Audubon Zoo in uptown New Orleans.
The famed thoroughfare is six miles in total, featuring a great deal of shopping and sightseeing along the way – including a pass through the Lower Garden District.
Every year in late April and early May, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, commonly referred to as Jazz Fest, lights up the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots with music, food and shopping. Some of the biggest names in music frequent the event, including previous headliners like Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan and Ella Fitzgerald.
The festival is known for more than great tunes, however, as it features activities like shopping at the Congo Square African Marketplace and the Louisiana Folklife Village. The event is truly a cultura staple of the greater New Orleans region.
Old U.S. Mint
Listed as a National Historic Landmark and neighboring the famed French Market, the mint is currently a sector of the Louisiana State Museum, and is open to the public.
Visitors not only get to enjoy the exhibits of this cultural center, but the fact they are standing in the oldest structure that was formerly a U.S. Mint.
Visit the Old U.S. Mint from Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or the Louisiana Historical Center on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saint Louis Cathedral
This historical Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis King of France remains the country's oldest Catholic cathedral still in use.
The Greek Revival-style cathedral is open to the public, allowing visitors the opportunity to admire the tranquil inner setting inside.
Visitors won't want to miss its scenic painted ceiling, marble altars and the painting of Saint Louis Venerating the Crown of Thorns.
Satchmo Summer Fest
One of the most prominent jazz festivals in New Orleans, the Satchmo Summer Fest commemorates the one, the only Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong.
Since 2001, Armstrong's 100th birthday, the streets of the French Quarter has filled with attendees of this beloved celebration.
Check out the exhibits, seminars, and mini-parades of the festival, then fill up on all famed creole cuisine that only New Orleans can provide.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 5.00 mile(s) from, Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
- 5.00 mile(s) from, Great Louisiana Bird Fest.
- 10.00 mile(s) from, Stone Creek Club and Spa.
- 15.00 mile(s) from, Pelican Park.
- 20.00 mile(s) from, Global Wildlife Conservation.
- 30.00 mile(s) from, Ponchatula Strawberry Festival.
- 40.00 mile(s) from, New Orleans French Quarter, home of Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Bourbon Street and the Sugar Bowl.
- 40.00 mile(s) from, Harrah's Casino.
- 40.00 mile(s) from, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, site of Super Bowl XLVII.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Downtown Covington, Lee Lane Shopping (Antiques and more)
- 4.00 mile(s) from Covington, major shopping strips
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.00 mile(s) from Mandeville
- 3.00 mile(s) from Abita Springs
- 7.00 mile(s) from Madisonville
- 10.00 mile(s) from LaCombe
- 18.00 mile(s) from Bush
- 20.00 mile(s) from Hammond
- 22.00 mile(s) from Slidell
- 32.00 mile(s) from Frankinton
- 35.00 mile(s) from New Orleans
- 60.00 mile(s) from Baton Rouge
- 0.25 mile(s) from SCP Pool Corporation, Pool Supplies - Head Office
- 0.25 mile(s) from Hornbeck Offshore Service, oil field services company
- 1.50 mile(s) from Lakeview Regional Medical, Hospital
- 1.50 mile(s) from Fairway Medical Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from LaPorte Sehrt Romig Hand, Legal
- 2.90 mile(s) from Ochsner Health Center, Clinic
- 3.00 mile(s) from St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- 3.50 mile(s) from Gulf States LTAC Hospital of Covington
- 4.50 mile(s) from Conbeth Inc., Construction
- 4.80 mile(s) from Spartan Building Corp, Construction
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hillside Builders Inc., Construction
- 5.60 mile(s) from DonahueFavret Contractors, Contruction
- 6.70 mile(s) from Kent Construcion, Construction
- 6.80 mile(s) from DeGeorge Construction, Construction
- 9.00 mile(s) from Habitat for Hummanity, St. Tammany West
- 14.00 mile(s) from Louisiana Medical Center, Heart Hospital
- 20.00 mile(s) from Benasco Construction, Construction
- 23.70 mile(s) from RCI, Construction
- 24.90 mile(s) from North Oaks Medical Center, Hospital
- 25.30 mile(s) from Southern Surgical Hospital
- 27.90 mile(s) from Mederos Construction LLC, Construction
- 28.70 mile(s) from David Champagne Construction
- 5.00 mile(s) from Delgado Community College
- 25.00 mile(s) from Southeastern University
- 40.00 mile(s) from University of New Orleans
- 50.00 mile(s) from Louisiana State University, LSU
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Covington. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Polo's & Pearl's
A downtown street festival celebrating the end of the summer with special deals from local boutiques and restaurants alongside live music. Event start time is TBA.
2015 Live Blues, Craft Brews, & Fiery BBQs
Beer tastings, live music, a barbecque eating contest, and more at the Alexandria Museum of Art in Alexandria. Other activities include a cook-off and Art Guitar Auction. The festivities begin at 5:30 p.m.
2015 Oldies But Goodies Fest
Wear your poodle skirts, do the jitterbug, and have a great time at this two-day festival, held at the West Baton Rouge Conference Center in Port Allen. Other activities include a BBQ cook-off, classic car show, food vendors, live music, and more. Festivities begin at 11 a.m.
2015 Ascension Hot Air Balloon Festival
This coming fall, the city of Gonzales, just south of Baton Rouge, is heating up for this fun-filled festival, featuring two days of live entertainment, food and drinks, a children's center, and hot air balloon flights. The event is held at Lamar-Dixon Center.
2015 Andouille Festival
A fun-filled festival named after the delicous Andouille sausage, this event will feature live music, a gumbo cook-off, silent auction, jazz brunch, and more at the St. John the Baptist Parish in La Place.
2015 Baton Rouge State Fair
An 11-day festival held at the Great Baton Rouge State Fair featuring fair activities ranging from pig racing to cook-offs to carnival rides and more. The event start time is TBA.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean