BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
625 N Highway 190, Covington, LA 70433-8961
Phone: 985/892-2681 | Fax: 985/893-0115 | 73 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn!
Our Covington hotel guests enjoy being on the Northshore of New Orleans, where Pelican Park is just a few minutes away and access to Interstate 12 is a breeze.
Many of our guests are in town for an event at the sporting venue, while others are visiting one of the many local towns and neighborhoods like Ponchatoula, Bush, Lacombe, Folsom, Mandeville, Bogalusa, Madisonville, Abita Springs and Franklinton.
Covington, Louisiana is known for events like sports and the scrapbooking convention. The Dragonboat Festival is a favorite annual event, while the Covington Town Farmers Market is a must for fresh, local treats. Guests at our Covington hotel stay with us during the Strawberry Festival, Jazz Fest and 3 Rivers Art Fest. From Mardi Gras to the Wooden Boat Festival, there is always something happening. Dog shows and horse shows are held nearby, and of course weddings on the Northshore of New Orleans are truly amazing.
At our Covington hotel, we are known for excellent customer service, free Wi-Fi and a business center. Enjoy an outdoor pool and fitness center for relaxation or to keep up your workout regimen. Don't forget about our free hot breakfast with a waffle station, fruits, yogurt, cereal and 100% Arabica coffee. Some of our guest room are pet friendly please refer to the pet policy at the right on the page.
We welcome business travelers from around the globe, including employees of Chevron, Fairway Medical Center and PoolCorp. Some of our regular guests are in town for business with St. Tammany Hospital, Lakeview Regional Hospital, Mary Bird Perkins Cancer Center or for training with the US Coast Guard.
We are close to Covington Fairgrounds, the Global Wildlife Center or the New Orleans Superdome. With close proximity to Walmart®, Hornbeck Offshore, Maritime Museum, Fontainebleau State Park and Abita Brewery; there's something for everyone!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary full breakfast free full hot breakfast buffet includes fresh hot waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, Danish and rolls, cereals, bagels, grits, oatmeal and juice
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility 24-hour
- Stationary bike
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities, can accomodate up to 50 people
- Banquet facilities, can accomodate up to 50 people
- Business center 24-hours (includes fax and copy services)
- Late check out, please check with front desk
- Free wireless internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless internet access; Free wireless internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy services
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Outdoor parking Plenty of free parking
- Truck/RV parking Plenty of free parking
- Universal gym
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Express check out
- Ice/vending machines
- Complimentary coffee in lobby 24 hours a day
- Wired & Wireless High-speed Internet access, complimentary
- Complimentary newspaper
- Guest Laundry Facilities
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western northpark inn in Covington.
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
Conveniently located, the best western northpark inn in Covington, Louisiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.439025 / Latitude: -90.083925
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 12. Take Exit 63B and drive .25 miles north to Highway 190 and the location of the BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn.
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located in St. Tammany Parish, Fairview-Riverside State Park is set on the north shore of Lake Pontchartrain across from the New Orleans metropolitan area. Found on the Tchefuncte River, Fairview-Riverside covers 99 acres.
Fairview-Riverside State Park features water sports, fishing, hiking, and nature viewing. Also found at the park is the Otis House Museum – found at the National Register of Historic Places – all near Covington.
Set on Lake Pontchartrain’s north shore, Fontainebleau State Park is found in St. Tammany Parish in Mandeville near Covington – just north of the New Orleans metropolitan area. Covering 2,800 acres, Fontainebleau was established in 1942.
Fontainebleau State Park features hiking and nature trails, a fishing pier, and plenty of beachfront. Other activities include exhibits at the Fontainebleau State Park Visitors' Center and picnic spots.
A staple of the French Quarter, the French Market is a lively gathering of goods and groceries nearly two centuries old. Neighboring the Louisiana State Museum's Old U.S. Mint, the market is a stopping point along the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail. Browse through hundreds of vendor booths selling everything from souvenirs of New Orleans to fresh produce and fashion.
Stop by the New Orleans Visitor Center, the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park, or stop in for coffee and Beignets at Café du Monde. The French Market also hosts a number of festivities, so check the calendar for when you're in town, and check into the Best Western hotel in the French Quarter.
Settled in the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown New Orleans, Harrah's New Orleans is the casino of the Big Easy. This casino houses over 2,000 slot machines and more than 90 game tables, as well as many eateries and gift shops. Harrah's New Orleans also brings the streets of Crescent City inside, as you'll notice with the impressive Mardi Gras theme.
Harrah's New Orleans gives visitors convenient access to nearby attractions, including the French Quarter with its famed Bourbon Street and French Market. Harrah's also neighbors a Best Western hotel in downtown New Orleans, so hit a few tables, then hit the sack.
Looking for a thrill during your trip to New Orleans? The Haunted History Tours of the French Quarter is your answer. Choose from ghost tours, vampire tours, and voodoo tours set in the after hours of the Vieux Carré. Tours in the Quarter meet at Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop - less than a mile south from the Best Western hotel in the French Quarter.
Test your nerves by touring the dark streets of New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, and hear of the spirits of the Big Easy. Haunted History Tours stem outside of the Quarter as well, so check out Haunted Garden District Tours and Cemetery History Tours.
A National Historic Landmark since 1960, Jackson Square has been an icon of the French Quarter and central New Orleans for two centuries. This open-air courtyard is home to artists, shops, eateries and street performers all ready to impress. Named after President Andrew Jackson, visitors may admire the likeness of President Jackson on horseback, or visit the beautiful St. Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo Museum, and the Presbytère Museum.
Stop in for lunch or dinner at Muriel's in Jackson Square - with the ideal contemporary creole menu for a taste of authentic New Orleans. This historic structure allows guests to choose from the bistro, the balcony, the courtyard bar and the séance area for you mystery fans. After dinner, check in to one of two Best Western hotels in the French Quarter, and enjoy the rest of your stay in New Orleans.
A major avenue in of New Orleans, Magazine Street follows the Mississippi River through the central part of the city and the French Quarter. Magazine Street becomes Decatur Street once it hits the Vieux Carré, and passes past Audubon Park housing Audubon Zoo in uptown New Orleans.
Enjoy your time along Magazine Street and the many area attractions. Rest comfortably with Best Western hotels while visiting New Orleans, where you'll find convenient access to the must-sees of the Quarter.
Jazz up your trip to New Orleans. Since 1970, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, commonly referred to as Jazz Fest, lights up the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots with music, food and shopping. Taking place the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May, previous headliners have included Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan and Ella Fitzgerald.
Have fun in New Orleans, as you browse through the crafts of artisans from around the world, or sample the treats of local creole cuisine. With a multitude of Best Western hotels in the New Orleans metropolitan areas, you won't have a far drive after the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
Set on the edge of the French Quarter, the Old U.S. Mint, otherwise known as the New Orleans Mint, was first established in the mid 19th century. Listed as a National Historic Landmark and neighboring the famed French Market, the mint is currently a sector of the Louisiana State Museum, and is open to the public. Visitors not only get to enjoy the exhibits of this cultural center, but the fact they are standing in the oldest structure that was formerly a U.S. Mint.
Visit the Old U.S. Mint from Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Guests may also check out the Louisiana Historical Center on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. After exploring this important structure, check into the nearby Best Western hotel in the French Quarter during your stay in New Orleans.
While in the lively city of New Orleans, include plenty of time for touring some of the well-known landmarks. One such landmark in Jackson Square, is the beautiful Saint Louis Cathedral, an icon of the French Quarter. Constructed in the early 1700s, this historical Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis King of France, remains the country's oldest Catholic cathedral still in use. Although rebuilt and remodeled throughout the years, it is continually being restored to ensure the cathedral will last for many more years to come.
This Greek Revival style cathedral is open to the public, allowing visitors the opportunity to admire the tranquil inner setting inside. Be sure to view its scenic painted ceiling, marble altars and the painting of Saint Louis Venerating the Crown of Thorns.
While at the cathedral, browse the selection of rosaries, statues and various religious items available in the two gift shops or enjoy a self-guided tour of the neighboring Old Ursuline Convent. Once you're done strolling the grounds, check into the nearby Best Western hotel, within walking distance of Saint Louis Cathedral, for an enjoyable night's rest. Schedule plenty of time for touring the vibrant French Quarter area of New Orleans.
One of the most prominent jazz festivals in New Orleans, and even the world, the Satchmo Summer Fest commemorates the one, the only Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong. Since 2001, Armstrong's 100th birthday, the streets of the French Quarter has filled with attendees of this beloved celebration. Hosted at the Old U.S. Mint neighboring the French Market, the Satchmo Summer Fest is three days of hot food, and even hotter jazz.
Check out the exhibits, seminars and mini-parades of the festival, then fill up on all famed creole cuisine that only New Orleans can provide. Check into one of many Best Western hotels in New Orleans, and make sure you attend all three days of the Satchmo Summer Fest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 5.00 mile(s) from, Lake Pontchartrain Causeway.
- 5.00 mile(s) from, Great Louisiana Bird Fest.
- 10.00 mile(s) from, Stone Creek Club and Spa.
- 15.00 mile(s) from, Pelican Park.
- 20.00 mile(s) from, Global Wildlife Conservation.
- 30.00 mile(s) from, Ponchatula Strawberry Festival.
- 40.00 mile(s) from, New Orleans French Quarter, home of Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Bourbon Street and the Sugar Bowl.
- 40.00 mile(s) from, Harrah's Casino.
- 40.00 mile(s) from, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, site of Super Bowl XLVII.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Downtown Covington, Lee Lane Shopping (Antiques and more)
- 4.00 mile(s) from Covington, major shopping strips
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 2.00 mile(s) from Mandeville
- 3.00 mile(s) from Abita Springs
- 7.00 mile(s) from Madisonville
- 10.00 mile(s) from LaCombe
- 18.00 mile(s) from Bush
- 20.00 mile(s) from Hammond
- 22.00 mile(s) from Slidell
- 32.00 mile(s) from Frankinton
- 35.00 mile(s) from New Orleans
- 60.00 mile(s) from Baton Rouge
- 0.25 mile(s) from SCP Pool Corporation, Pool Supplies - Head Office
- 0.25 mile(s) from Hornbeck Offshore Service, oil field services company
- 1.50 mile(s) from Lakeview Regional Medical, Hospital
- 1.50 mile(s) from Fairway Medical Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from LaPorte Sehrt Romig Hand, Legal
- 2.90 mile(s) from Ochsner Health Center, Clinic
- 3.00 mile(s) from St. Tammany Parish Hospital
- 3.50 mile(s) from Gulf States LTAC Hospital of Covington
- 4.50 mile(s) from Conbeth Inc., Construction
- 4.80 mile(s) from Spartan Building Corp, Construction
- 5.00 mile(s) from Hillside Builders Inc., Construction
- 5.60 mile(s) from DonahueFavret Contractors, Contruction
- 6.70 mile(s) from Kent Construcion, Construction
- 6.80 mile(s) from DeGeorge Construction, Construction
- 9.00 mile(s) from Habitat for Hummanity, St. Tammany West
- 14.00 mile(s) from Louisiana Medical Center, Heart Hospital
- 20.00 mile(s) from Benasco Construction, Construction
- 23.70 mile(s) from RCI, Construction
- 24.90 mile(s) from North Oaks Medical Center, Hospital
- 25.30 mile(s) from Southern Surgical Hospital
- 27.90 mile(s) from Mederos Construction LLC, Construction
- 28.70 mile(s) from David Champagne Construction
- 5.00 mile(s) from Delgado Community College
- 25.00 mile(s) from Southeastern University
- 40.00 mile(s) from University of New Orleans
- 50.00 mile(s) from Louisiana State University, LSU
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
BEST WESTERN Northpark Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Covington. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Mardi Gras Celebration
Head out to New Orleans for their iconic celebration, which falls on the 17th, as it takes over the city. Catch parades, join parties, and enjoy popular events throughout the long weekend. Event times and venues vary.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean