BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel
3400 Paris Road, Chalmette, LA 70043-2266
Phone: 504/309-6360 | Fax: 504/309-6361 | 65 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
New Orleans, LA is just a brief drive away from our Chalmette hotel, so the excitement of Mardi Gras, jazz and great food is within easy reach.
Do you need a hotel near the French Quarter? How about a hotel near the Super Dome for a legendary game? No matter what brings you to the bayou, staying at our Chalmette hotel ensures guests are close to everything, but still far enough away from the non-stop bustle of Bourbon Street to enjoy a quiet getaway. However, we’re also less than 30 minutes from the French Quarter so endless dining, shopping, concerts and parties are always at your fingertips.
In Chalmette, LA, you’ll find the perfect blend of a quiet, southern parish and the thrill of one of the biggest parties in the world. Festivals abound year-round, and we’re home of the fishing tournament in St. Bernard Parish. No matter what brings you to Louisiana, whether it’s a peaceful escape or you want to enjoy everything the region has to offer, where you stay can make a big difference. For foodies, our property is home of the Crawfish Festival in St. Bernard Parish, a local favorite.
We’re the only branded hotel in Chalmette, so guests can enjoy everything Best Western is known for, like great hospitality, spacious rooms and upgraded amenities. Exxon Refinery employees regularly stay with us, and we’re also proud to be a home away from home for service men and women in town with the National Guard. Whether it’s a meeting with Valero Refinery or a trip to the Chalmette Battle Field for history buffs that’s on your agenda, rest assured your commute will be fast and simple from our property.
Good, friendly staff and southern cuisine nearby are the hallmarks of our Chalmette hotel. Need some tips and recommendations on what to see, where to eat and the best shopping areas? Simply ask one of our helpful staff members. We’re dedicated to making sure your stay is great.
Reserve a room at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmet Hotel now!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Outdoor pool, seasonal, open Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend
- Exercise facility, open from 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Universal gym
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry, open midnight to 11:00 p.m., nominal fee
- Dry cleaning, same day available
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out, up to an hour extension based on availability
- Safe deposit box
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms; All guest rooms are hardwired and offer free wireless Internet access
- Business center, 24-hours
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Photocopy machine
- Video conferencing
- Meeting facilities
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus chalmette hotel in Chalmette.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel
Conveniently located, the best western plus chalmette hotel in Chalmette, Louisiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.950715 / Latitude: -89.960225
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Louis Armstrong Airport. Head west and continue straight onto Airport Road, turn left on US-61 South/Airline Drive. Take the I-10E ramp to US-90 BUS/Westbank. Keep left at fork and merge onto I-10E, take Exit 236B to merge onto LA-39 South/North Claiborne Avenue. Continue to follow LA-39 South, turn left onto Pairs Road. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel will be on the left.
From: Business District. Head north on O'Keefe Avenue toward Girod Street. Turn left onto Common Street. Turn right on South Rampart Street, continue onto Mc Shane Place. Continue onto St. Claude Avenue. Keep left at the fork, turn left onto Paris Road. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel will be on the left.
From: The east. Head southwest on I-10 West. Take Exit 246A to merge onto I-510 South/LA-47 South toward Chalmette. Continue on LA-47 South/Paris Road. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel will be on the right.
From: The west. Head west on I-110 South toward Exit 1E, merge onto I-10 East. Take Exit 236B to merge onto LA-39 South/North Claiborne Avenue. Turn left onto Paris Road. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel will be on the left.
From: The north. Head southeast on I-55 South toward Exit 29B, merge onto I-10 East. Take Exit 236B to merge onto LA-39 South/North Claiborne Avenue. Turn left onto Paris Road. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel will be on the left.
From: Lakefront Airport. Head west on Stars and Stripes Boulevard toward Sikorsky Drive. Turn left onto Downman Road. Turn right toward US-90 East, slight left toward US-90 East. Continue straight onto US-90 East, merge onto I-510 South/LA-47 South via the ramp to Chalmette. Continue onto LA-47 South/Paris Road. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel will be on the right.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chalmette Cinema, movie theater
- 8.37 mile(s) from French Quarter, Bourbon Street, ghost tours, antiquing, live entertainment.
- 11.20 mile(s) from Insectarium, Audubon Insectarium, located in the U.S. Custom House on Canal Street, encourages you to use all five senses as you explore North America’s largest museum devoted to insects and their relatives.
- 11.30 mile(s) from Louisiana Superdome, the story of the Louisiana Superdome is a remarkable one. As the site of many landmark historic events, it was born during the first great era of domed stadiums in the 1970s but is the only one from the era that remains viable. What is even more extraordinary is that the completely renovated stadium today stands as one of the top 10 nationally, yet the cost to modernize it was a fraction of building a new facility.
- 11.80 mile(s) from Audubon Aquarium, the world-renown Audubon Aquarium is home to fish and sea life of all kinds - and visitors can get up close, eye-to-eye if you please, with some of the most fascinating creatures of the ocean. The Caribbean Reef tunnel, for example, is 30 feet long and allows the visitor a view of the Caribbean sea life viewed only by divers. The new Seahorses Gallery showcases these beautiful creatures as they swim gracefully between the grasses in their home and glide through the water. Remember, only the MALE seahorses give birth.
- 12.00 mile(s) from New Orleans Arena, the premier destination for top-rated concerts and events in the Gulf South.
- 15.20 mile(s) from Audubon Zoo, located in historic uptown New Orleans Audubon Zoo offers an exotic mix of animals from around the globe, engaging educational programs, hands-on animal encounters and lush gardens.
- 22.50 mile(s) from Pontchartrain Center, a multi-purpose center for mid-size trade shows and conventions, only minutes from downtown New Orleans.
- 23.38 mile(s) from Alero Center, the premier New Orleans venue for small to medium size trade shows, conventions.
- 0.05 mile(s) from Winn Dixie, grocery store
- 1.00 mile(s) from Walmart®, retail store
- 1.00 mile(s) from Park Plaza, shopping center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Paris Road Shopping, shopping mall
- 1.00 mile(s) from Authentic Denim, clothing store
- 1.60 mile(s) from Kmart Plaza, shopping center
- 2.00 mile(s) from Stage Stores, department store
- 7.84 mile(s) from French Market, in the French Quarter, shopping for beads, masks, fresh fruit and vegetables
- 13.40 mile(s) from Riverwalk Marketplace, near the French Quarter and connected to the Convention Center, Riverwalk is the home of 140 stores and restaurants.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Family Dollar Store, discount store
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 6.00 mile(s) from New Orleans
- 14.60 mile(s) from Metairie
- 16.50 mile(s) from Harvey
- 21.60 mile(s) from Kenner
- 27.40 mile(s) from Slidell
- 2.00 mile(s) from Murphy Oil Corporation, has been a steady producer of petroleum products for half a century.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Exxon Mobil Refinery, in Chalmette is a private company categorized under Chemicals Manufacturers. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of over $1 billion and employs a staff of approximately 500 to 999.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Gulf South Pipeline, pipe lining & coating, pipe line contractors, pipe line companies, gas companies
- 2.00 mile(s) from AmeriGas, the nation's largest propane company, serving over 1.3 million residential, commercial, industrial, agricultural and motor fuel propane customers in nearly 50 states.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Ferrellgas
- 7.00 mile(s) from Canal Barge Company, manages barge fleets owned by other companies; operates a barge terminal in Joliet, Illinois; and offers logistics services.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Boh Bros Construction, providing asphalt and concrete paving, mechanical and industrial piping, marine construction, highway and railroad construction, equipment sales, and excavation and site preparation in nine states.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Energy Partners Ltd, the independent explorer and producer focuses on the deep and shallow waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the Gulf Coast.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Entergy Corporation, the integrated utility holding company's subsidiaries distribute electricity to more than 2.7 million customers in four southern states (Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas) and provide natural gas to 191,000 customers in Louisiana.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Entergy New Orleans Inc, the regulated utility, a subsidiary of Entergy, distributes electricity to 131,000 residential, commercial, and industrial customers and natural gas to 86,000 customers in Orleans Parish, Louisiana.
- 8.00 mile(s) from McMoRan Exploration Company., the company owns or has stakes in more than 350 oil and gas leases in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore Louisiana and Texas covering about 970,000 gross acres.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Pan American, the company sells such products as individual and group life and health insurance, disability insurance, and investment products in the US, Puerto Rico, and its main focus of six Latin American countries.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Port Of New Orleans, one of the busiest US ports, the Port of New Orleans handles export cargo such as grain and steel that arrives via the US inland waterway system. The port also is served by six major railroads.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Tidewater Incorporated, the company's fleet of 370-plus vessels provides oil and gas exploration, field development, and production support.
- 8.95 mile(s) from Dillard University, experienced and respected faculty creates a rich learning environment, preparing students for a bright and successful future. Discover the possibilities of a Dillard education.
- 11.91 mile(s) from Xavier University, College of Pharmacy
- 12.58 mile(s) from Loyola University, is a Jesuit university offering undergraduate courses.
- 12.80 mile(s) from Tulane University, a selective private research university founded in 1834 in New Orleans, is a leader in scholarly initiatives and public service.
- 14.68 mile(s) from Delgado Community College, founded in 1921, it is Louisiana's oldest and largest community college and serves students throughout a ten parish region.
- 16.46 mile(s) from Our Lady of Holy Cross, OLHCC is a private Catholic institution located in New Orleans, Louisiana offering academic programs for undergraduates, graduates.
- 16.99 mile(s) from University of New Orleans, College of Sciences
- 0.20 mile(s) from Armond's Eatery, full service, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner, what a pleasant surprise! It's typical of the type of restaurant you find in St. Bernard, small, no frills, nice people and great food. It's a mix between seafood and Italian dishes.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Cafe Roma, fast food, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, our pizzas are made using only the highest quality ingredients. We make our own dough daily and use only 100% real mozzarella cheese. Our crust is hand tossed and topped to your specifications.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Brewsters, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner, with prices going up everywhere it's hard to pass up a good steak dinner for a few bucks. The steaks are consistently good and cooked right. The salads are huge and fresh. I love their loaded potato and they have the best burger.
- 2.00 mile(s) from IHOP, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, the food service was quick, our waitress was super nice. I was very pleased with the service and experience. I've been to this location a few times and have always had a good time.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Rocky & Carlo's, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, Rocky & Carlo's, Inc. was formed in 1965. Two Italian families from Alcamo, Sicily came to the United States to make homes and a business. Their knowledge of authentic Italian recipes from Sicily, Italy became famous.
- 2.00 mile(s) from China Moon, full service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, best Chinese food ever and I am not kidding you. Everything there is made fresh and service is good even though it's not a fancy restaurant. The owner works back there so you know the food has got to be good. Try the general tsau chicken, mandarin chicken, and their kung bo shrimp. If you get anything fried, the batter is light so no worries. No MSG upon request. Lunch is like $7 and dinner is like $9.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Wendys, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 2.00 mile(s) from Munchies, full service, Mexican, open for: lunch, dinner, the food is delicious, and the portions are immense. For burritos, tacos, nachos, and the like, they offer ground beef, steak, carnitas, and chicken. I've tried all but the chicken and recommend them all.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Par Three Diner, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, Par 3 Diner has the best steaks in town ... period!!! I have eaten steaks at many restaurants, but none have the juicy, succulent taste of the steaks prepared by this restaurant.
- 2.00 mile(s) from WoW Cafe Wingery, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, World of Wings and so much more! Wraps, salads, tenders, fajitas, quesadillas, ribs, red beans and rice, Texas Toast burgers.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Chalmette Hotel
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest local area events happening in or near Chalmette. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Historic Saturday Tours by Creole PubCrawl
Take a guided tour to historic NOLA locations and be regaled by the stories of the city between stops to enjoy signature cocktails at iconic gastropubs along the way. Every Saturday through November.
Early Modern Faces: European Portraits 1480-1780 View this exhibit at the Woldenberg Art Center and experience the evolution of the portrait. Times vary per day.
Crecent City Classic The largest 10K in New Orleans begins at 8 a.m. in Champions Square.
New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival Head out to the New Orleans Fair Grounds for this celebration of Louisiana's heritage. Event times vary.
The New Orleans Wine and Food Experience Visit New Orleans for this elite culinary experience in which over 100 of the city's best restaurants partake. Event times vary.
Death of a Salesman This masterpiece comes to life at the Le Petit Theatre. Show times vary.
Lake Fest A music festival filled with fun for the entire family at the Bucktown Marina. The festivities begin at noon.
Louisiana Cajun- Zydeco Festival Visit the Louis Armstrong Park for this toe-tapping festival. It begins at 11 a.m. each day.
Seussical Jr. Follow Horton's tale as it unfolds upon the stage at the Christ Episcopal School's Theatre. Show times vary.
Tales of the Cocktail Visit New Orleans and join in on this festival filled with good spirits. Event times and locations vary.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean