BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn
120 Taos Street, Slidell, LA 70458-3158
Phone: 985/781-5655 | Fax: 985/781-0077 | 63 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
The BEST WESTERN Slidell, LA promises the best in service and quality, and we're only a short drive away from New Orleans.
Hotels in Slidell are close to New Orleans, French Quarter, Mardi Gras, Jazz Fest, Essence Fest, and the Cruise Terminal. If you're in town for swamp tours, the Sugar Bowl, an event at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome or New Orleans Arena, you'll be a short drive away when staying at our Slidell hotel. The Jazz Fest, VooDoo Festival, Satchmo Summer Fest, Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, Chalmette Battlefield and plantation homes are also nearby. The War of 1812 Battlefield is a must-see for history buffs.
Slidell, LA hotels are known for charm and hospitality, but we take it up a notch at our Slidell hotel. Just 15 minutes from New Orleans and featuring a full, free hot breakfast buffet daily, everything you need for a great escape is right here. Free high-speed Internet, a saltwater pool, fitness room and free parking make you feel right at home. The BEST WESTERN Slidell, LA is also located right off I-10, making it easy for guests to explore.
Our hotel in Slidell, LA-style ensure that guests are comfortable during their trip. Enjoy promotional rates, restaurants and shopping nearby. Hotels in New Orleans don't have to be expensive and you don't have to give up benefits like plenty of complimentary parking on your way to the Cruise Terminal, or visiting the French Quarter. Our Slidell hotel is near the Stennis Space Center and has 14 restaurants and shopping within one block.
Travelers stay at our Slidell hotel to take advantage of the Best Western Rewards Program, Ultra Clean I CARE 2 certified accommodations, and our convenient location by the I-10, I-12, I-59 corridors. Business travelers with Air Products, Rooms to Go, Associated Wholesale Groceries and Fremaux Town Centre also favor us. The Stennis Space Center, DOTD, NASA, Textron and Lockheed Martin employees are also frequent guests. Stay with us if you're here with Northrop Grumman, Rolls Royce, Chicago Bridge & Iron or Hollywood South.
Book a stay at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn now!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Exercise facilities
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee, served weekdays from 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and weekends from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Complimentary coffee
- Outdoor pool
- Exercise facility 24 Hour
- Hearing-impaired services
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Elevator , (Braille-coded)
- Free parking
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Fax services with complimentary incoming fax
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Laundromat $2.50 wash and dry + detergent purchase at desk
- Express check out
- Late check out Late checkout may be available at an additional charge. Please contact the front desk for more information.
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- High-speed Internet acess
BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus slidell inn in Slidell.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus slidell inn in Slidell, Louisiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 30.282711 / Latitude: -89.752877
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 10 west to NO Travelling Interstate 10 west to New Orlens. Take Exit 266. Turn right onto Gause Boulevard. Turn left at the second light, which is at McDonald's®, take next left onto Taos Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn is on the left.
From: Interstate 10 east to MS. Travelling Interstate 10 east to Mississippi. Take Exit 266. Turn left onto Gause Boulevard. Turn left at the second light, which is at McDonald's®; take next left onto Taos Street. The BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn is on the left.
From: All directions. Use GPS coordinates: Latitude 30.282684: Longitude -89.752945
BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A staple of the French Quarter, the French Market is a lively gathering of goods and groceries nearly two centuries old. Neighboring the Louisiana State Museum's Old U.S. Mint, the market is a stopping point along the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail. Browse through hundreds of vendor booths selling everything from souvenirs of New Orleans to fresh produce and fashion.
Stop by the New Orleans Visitor Center, the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park, or stop in for coffee and Beignets at Café du Monde. The French Market also hosts a number of festivities, so check the calendar for when you're in town, and check into the Best Western hotel in the French Quarter.
Settled in the banks of the Mississippi River in downtown New Orleans, Harrah's New Orleans is the casino of the Big Easy. This casino houses over 2,000 slot machines and more than 90 game tables, as well as many eateries and gift shops. Harrah's New Orleans also brings the streets of Crescent City inside, as you'll notice with the impressive Mardi Gras theme.
Harrah's New Orleans gives visitors convenient access to nearby attractions, including the French Quarter with its famed Bourbon Street and French Market. Harrah's also neighbors a Best Western hotel in downtown New Orleans, so hit a few tables, then hit the sack.
Looking for a thrill during your trip to New Orleans? The Haunted History Tours of the French Quarter is your answer. Choose from ghost tours, vampire tours, and voodoo tours set in the after hours of the Vieux Carré. Tours in the Quarter meet at Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop - less than a mile south from the Best Western hotel in the French Quarter.
Test your nerves by touring the dark streets of New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, and hear of the spirits of the Big Easy. Haunted History Tours stem outside of the Quarter as well, so check out Haunted Garden District Tours and Cemetery History Tours.
A National Historic Landmark since 1960, Jackson Square has been an icon of the French Quarter and central New Orleans for two centuries. This open-air courtyard is home to artists, shops, eateries and street performers all ready to impress. Named after President Andrew Jackson, visitors may admire the likeness of President Jackson on horseback, or visit the beautiful St. Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo Museum, and the Presbytère Museum.
Stop in for lunch or dinner at Muriel's in Jackson Square - with the ideal contemporary creole menu for a taste of authentic New Orleans. This historic structure allows guests to choose from the bistro, the balcony, the courtyard bar and the séance area for you mystery fans. After dinner, check in to one of two Best Western hotels in the French Quarter, and enjoy the rest of your stay in New Orleans.
A major avenue in of New Orleans, Magazine Street follows the Mississippi River through the central part of the city and the French Quarter. Magazine Street becomes Decatur Street once it hits the Vieux Carré, and passes past Audubon Park housing Audubon Zoo in uptown New Orleans.
Enjoy your time along Magazine Street and the many area attractions. Rest comfortably with Best Western hotels while visiting New Orleans, where you'll find convenient access to the must-sees of the Quarter.
Jazz up your trip to New Orleans. Since 1970, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, commonly referred to as Jazz Fest, lights up the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots with music, food and shopping. Taking place the last weekend of April and the first weekend of May, previous headliners have included Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan and Ella Fitzgerald.
Have fun in New Orleans, as you browse through the crafts of artisans from around the world, or sample the treats of local creole cuisine. With a multitude of Best Western hotels in the New Orleans metropolitan areas, you won't have a far drive after the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival.
Set on the edge of the French Quarter, the Old U.S. Mint, otherwise known as the New Orleans Mint, was first established in the mid 19th century. Listed as a National Historic Landmark and neighboring the famed French Market, the mint is currently a sector of the Louisiana State Museum, and is open to the public. Visitors not only get to enjoy the exhibits of this cultural center, but the fact they are standing in the oldest structure that was formerly a U.S. Mint.
Visit the Old U.S. Mint from Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Guests may also check out the Louisiana Historical Center on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. After exploring this important structure, check into the nearby Best Western hotel in the French Quarter during your stay in New Orleans.
While in the lively city of New Orleans, include plenty of time for touring some of the well-known landmarks. One such landmark in Jackson Square, is the beautiful Saint Louis Cathedral, an icon of the French Quarter. Constructed in the early 1700s, this historical Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis King of France, remains the country's oldest Catholic cathedral still in use. Although rebuilt and remodeled throughout the years, it is continually being restored to ensure the cathedral will last for many more years to come.
This Greek Revival style cathedral is open to the public, allowing visitors the opportunity to admire the tranquil inner setting inside. Be sure to view its scenic painted ceiling, marble altars and the painting of Saint Louis Venerating the Crown of Thorns.
While at the cathedral, browse the selection of rosaries, statues and various religious items available in the two gift shops or enjoy a self-guided tour of the neighboring Old Ursuline Convent. Once you're done strolling the grounds, check into the nearby Best Western hotel, within walking distance of Saint Louis Cathedral, for an enjoyable night's rest. Schedule plenty of time for touring the vibrant French Quarter area of New Orleans.
One of the most prominent jazz festivals in New Orleans, and even the world, the Satchmo Summer Fest commemorates the one, the only Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong. Since 2001, Armstrong's 100th birthday, the streets of the French Quarter has filled with attendees of this beloved celebration. Hosted at the Old U.S. Mint neighboring the French Market, the Satchmo Summer Fest is three days of hot food, and even hotter jazz.
Check out the exhibits, seminars and mini-parades of the festival, then fill up on all famed creole cuisine that only New Orleans can provide. Check into one of many Best Western hotels in New Orleans, and make sure you attend all three days of the Satchmo Summer Fest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 15.00 mile(s) from Fort Pike State Historic
- 15.00 mile(s) from Stennis Space Center
- 30.00 mile(s) from Aquarium of the Americas
- 30.00 mile(s) from Harrah's New Orleans Casino
- 30.00 mile(s) from Audubon Zoo
- 30.00 mile(s) from Louisiana Superdome
- 34.00 mile(s) from cruise terminal
- 4 mile(s) from Slidell Outlet Stores
- 30 mile(s) from French Market
- 30 mile(s) from Riverwalk Market Place
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 20 mile(s) from Gulfport
- 20 mile(s) from Biloxi
- 25 mile(s) from New Orleans
- 25 mile(s) from Covington
- 40 mile(s) from Metairie
- 40 mile(s) from Hammond
- 0.5 mile(s) from Textron
- 15.00 mile(s) from Lockeed / Nasa Space Ops
- 15 mile(s) from Stennis
- 15.00 mile(s) from Johnson Controls World
- 25.00 mile(s) from Paddlewheeler Creole Quee
- 30.00 mile(s) from Sabai
- 30.00 mile(s) from Ernest N. Morial Conventi
- 30 mile(s) from Port of Bienville
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 5.00 mile(s) from Oak Harbor Golf Club
- 30.00 mile(s) from Gulf Coast beaches
- Free Hot Breakfast, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast,
- Across the street from Carretta's Mexican Rest., Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Shoney's Restaurant, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 block(s) from Starbucks, Cafe, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2 block(s) from Rotolo's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 block(s) from Firehouse Subs, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .5 mile(s) from Applebee's Neighborhood G, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- .1 mile(s) from McDonalds, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- .1 mile(s) from Chick-Fil-A, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Cheddars, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Copeland's Restaurant and, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Thai Orchid, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Wendy's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Copelands of New Orleans, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Felipe Mexican, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Longhorn Steakhouse, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Panera Bread, Cafe, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Slidell Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Slidell. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean