Best Western Plus Westbank
1700 Lapalco Boulevard, Harvey, LA 70058-3027
Phone: 504/366-5369 | Fax: 504/262-0949 | 138 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Guests at our newly renovated Harvey hotel are just a short drive from top attractions in New Orleans, Louisiana, like the Mercedes Benz Superdome-home to the New Orleans Saints, the New Orleans Arena-home to the New Orleans Pelicans, Earnest N. Morial Convention Center and the historic French Quarter.
While you're here, dine at our in-house restaurant, Lafitte's Landing Seafood House, serving fresh seafood and local cuisine every day for lunch and dinner. Experience favorites like stuffed lobster, redfish pontchartrain or duck lafitte, all without leaving the hotel.
Corporate travelers servicing the variety of businesses along the Harvey Canal as well as members of the military at the Belle Chasse Naval Air Station will consider us their home away from home while the enjoy our fresh hot breakfast, free Internet, relaxing pool, Jacuzzi® and our quaint Courtyard Bar.
Many of our travelers take advantage of our competitive rates during major events held in New Orleans such as the Allstate Sugar Bowl, Mardi Gras, French Quarter Festival, PGA Zurich Classic Golf Tournament, Essence Festival and Bayou Classic.
The Best Western Plus Westbank is just fifteen minutes from the Port of New Orleans Cruise Terminal. We offer a park and cruise package that includes complimentary parking for the duration of your cruise, transportation to the cruise terminal, and a hot breakfast before you embark on your voyage.
For our adventurous guests, there is plenty within a short distance to entertain you. Whether you catch a race or ride in a go-cart at the Nola Motorsports, take a swamp tour, enjoy the sport of fishing in our beautiful bayous and waterways, try your luck at Boomtown Casino, or play a few rounds of golf at the PGA TPC Golf Course or one of the many other golf courses around.
Book your stay at the Best Western Plus Westbank today.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool
- Complimentary full breakfast, Choice of fresh fluffy scrambled eggs, crisp bacon, tasty sausage, southern buttered grits, homemade fluffy biscuits, pancakes made to order, a selection of 3 cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, fresh juice, and fresh brewed New Orleans style coffee.
- Guest laundry, charge varies depending on items sent
- Cocktail lounge, Sportsman's Bar is open Monday - Friday from 4pm to 10pm. Customer appreciation every Wednesday from 5pm to 7pm at the Sportsman's Bar.
- Truck/RV parking
- Free parking
- Conference facilities,
- Hot tub, Jacuzzi® available in Courtyard
- Exercise facility, open from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Cardiovascular work-out room
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Late check out, half day charge till 3:00pm, full day charge after 3:00pm
- Safe deposit box
- Business center
- Outdoor parking
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, Spanish
- Cable or satellite television
- Printer available
- Secretarial services
- Mail services
- Inter/Exter corridor
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Ice/vending machines, on every floor
- Gift shop or newsstand
- Lafitte's Landing Seafood House serves fresh local cuisine daily for lunch and dinner. Open seven days a week, 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- High-speed Internet access
- Complimentary USA Today® at front desk
Best Western Plus Westbank
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus westbank in Harvey.
Best Western Plus Westbank
Conveniently located, the best western plus westbank in Harvey, Louisiana is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 29.875165 / Latitude: -90.049815
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The east. Take I-10 West stay in left lane, when you see the Superdome stay to your left. The only exit in the left lane is Westbank-Business 90. Exit and stay in left lane to cross the Crescent City Connection (cross over the Mississippi River). Once you cross the bridge, stay in middle lane, the fourth exit is Manhattan Boulevard Exit then turn left at light. Go two miles down to Lapalco Boulevard. Take a right. The Best Western Plus Westbank is on the right next to Copelands.
From: The west. Take I-10 East from the Airport and follow the signs that say New Orleans Business District. After you pass the Superdome on your left, stay in the left lane. Cross over the Crescent City Connection (cross over the Mississippi River). I-10 becomes Business 90 Westbank. Fourth exit is Manhattan Boulevard Exit then turn left at red light. Go two miles down to Lapalco. Take a right at red light. Best Western Plus Westbank will be on your right next to Copelands.
From: The north. Coming from I-59 follow above east directions. Coming from I-55 follow above west directions to I-10, cross over Crescent City Connection (Mississippi River). I-10 becomes Business 90, Take fourth exit Manhattan Boulevard. Take a left at red light. Go down two miles to Lapalco Boulvard. Take a right at light; the Best Western Plus Westbank will be on your right.
Best Western Plus Westbank
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
A staple of the French Quarter, the French Market is a lively gathering of goods and groceries nearly two centuries old.
Neighboring the Louisiana State Museum's Old U.S. Mint, the market is a stopping point along the Louisiana African American Heritage Trail.
Vistiors browse through hundreds of vendor booths selling everything from souvenirs of New Orleans to fresh produce and fashion.
Stop by the New Orleans Visitor Center, the New Orleans Jazz National Historical Park, or stop in for coffee and Beignets at Café du Monde – all are minutes from the Market.
Harrah's New Orleans
Harrah's New Orleans also brings the streets of Crescent City inside, as you'll notice with the impressive Mardi Gras theme.
This casino houses over 2,000 slot machines and more than 90 game tables, as well as many eateries and gift shops.
Looking for a thrill during your trip to New Orleans? The Haunted History Tours of the French Quarter is your answer. Choose from ghost tours, vampire tours, and voodoo tours set in the after hours of the Vieux Carré. Tours in the Quarter meet at Rev. Zombie's Voodoo Shop.
Test your nerves by touring the dark streets of New Orleans' oldest neighborhood, and hear of the spirits of the Big Easy. Haunted History Tours stem outside of the Quarter as well, so check out Haunted Garden District Tours and Cemetery History Tours.
Stop in for lunch or dinner at Muriel's in Jackson Square – with the ideal contemporary creole menu for a taste of authentic New Orleans.
The square is truly a staple of New Orleans culture, featuring history, cuisine, music, and more around every corner.
Magazine Street becomes Decatur Street once it hits the Vieux Carré, and passes Audubon Park housing the Audubon Zoo in uptown New Orleans.
The famed thoroughfare is six miles in total, featuring a great deal of shopping and sightseeing along the way – including a pass through the Lower Garden District.
The Superdome also hosts the Sugarbowl annually and the BCS National Championship every four years.
With over 72,000 seats, the Superdome is a popular choice for events needing to serve a large capacity of people. In fact, there were over 87,000 fans in attendance for the 1981 Rolling Stones concert.
From music festivals, concerts, football games, basketball games, and Monster Jams to boat shows and home and garden shows, there's plenty of action at the Superdome.
Every year in late April and early May, the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival, commonly referred to as Jazz Fest, lights up the Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots with music, food and shopping. Some of the biggest names in music frequent the event, including previous headliners like Miles Davis, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan and Ella Fitzgerald.
The festival is known for more than great tunes, however, as it features activities like shopping at the Congo Square African Marketplace and the Louisiana Folklife Village. The event is truly a cultura staple of the greater New Orleans region.
Old U.S. Mint
Listed as a National Historic Landmark and neighboring the famed French Market, the mint is currently a sector of the Louisiana State Museum, and is open to the public.
Visitors not only get to enjoy the exhibits of this cultural center, but the fact they are standing in the oldest structure that was formerly a U.S. Mint.
Visit the Old U.S. Mint from Tuesday through Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or the Louisiana Historical Center on Mondays and Tuesdays from 9:30 a.m. to noon, and 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Saint Louis Cathedral
This historical Cathedral-Basilica of Saint Louis King of France remains the country's oldest Catholic cathedral still in use.
The Greek Revival-style cathedral is open to the public, allowing visitors the opportunity to admire the tranquil inner setting inside.
Visitors won't want to miss its scenic painted ceiling, marble altars and the painting of Saint Louis Venerating the Crown of Thorns.
Satchmo Summer Fest
One of the most prominent jazz festivals in New Orleans, the Satchmo Summer Fest commemorates the one, the only Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong.
Since 2001, Armstrong's 100th birthday, the streets of the French Quarter has filled with attendees of this beloved celebration.
Check out the exhibits, seminars, and mini-parades of the festival, then fill up on all famed creole cuisine that only New Orleans can provide.
Home to the National Basketball Association's New Orleans Pelicans since 2002, the Smoothie King Center is a multi-purpose arena located in downtown New Orleans. The arena is found ajacent to the Mercedes-Bendz Superdome.
Apart from pro hoops, the arena is home to the Tulane University basketball team and the New Orleans VooDoo, an arena football team. The arena first opened in 1999 and hosts a variety of New Orleans events, like concerts, basketball tournaments, trade shows, and wrestling events.
Set in southeastern Louisiana, St. Bernard State Park is located east of the New Orleans metropolitan area near Harvey. Established in 1971 in St. Bernard Parish by the Louisiana Office of State Parks, the park includes 358 acres.
Located on the Mississippi River, St. Bernard State Park features picnic tables and barbeque grills, a covered pavilion, a swimming pool, and a bathhouse. Open daily, the park is free to the public.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 8.00 mile(s) from Superdome, Home to the New Orleans Saints, concerts and much more
- 8.00 mile(s) from French Quarter, shopping, bars, restaurants
- 8.00 mile(s) from Aquarium of the Americas
- 8.00 mile(s) from Children's Museum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Morial Convention Center
- 8.00 mile(s) from Bayou Segnette State Park
- 8.00 mile(s) from Natchez Steamboat, cruises down the Mississippi
- 8.00 mile(s) from D-Day Museum
- 8.00 mile(s) from Riverwalk Marketplace, shopping along the Mississippi River
- 8.00 mile(s) from Cemeteries, ghost & cemetery tours combine the histoory of the city
- 8.00 mile(s) from Garden District, take a ride on a New Orleans street car and view beautiful historic homes
- 8.00 mile(s) from N.O. Arena, home to the Hornets, concerts and much more
- 8.00 mile(s) from Mardi Gras World, see where Mardi Gras is made
- 8.00 mile(s) from Louisiana Swamp Tours, experience the swamp of south Louisiana! Slow and easy on tour boats or high-speed adventure on air-boats.
- 12.00 mile(s) from NAS Naval Air Station
- 12.00 mile(s) from Audubon Zoo
- 12.00 mile(s) from City Park, home to Storyland for children, golf, mini-amusement park, carousel gardens & botanical gardens.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Zephyr Field, home to the New Orleans Zephyr baseball team
- 35.00 mile(s) from Plantation Tours, beautiful plantations of River Road
- 2.00 mile(s) from malls
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 0.50 mile(s) from Timberlane Golf Course
- 2.00 mile(s) from Boomtown Casino
- 8.00 mile(s) from Harrah's Casino
- 16.00 mile(s) from fishing, home to some of the best fishing in the world
- 0.25 mile(s) from Burger King, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.25 mile(s) from Wendy's, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from TGI Fridays, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
Best Western Plus Westbank
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Harvey. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean